Pages

Posted on: Saturday 22 February 2014

The Brand Focus | Kiehl's Pt. 2


Previously I mentioned a trip to my local Kielh's store where I picked up the Ultra Facial Cream [read here]. The trip in to the old New York style apothecary also resulted in me coming away with a new eye cream, which I was also in absolute desperate need of.

Although I had heard of Kiel's avocado eye cream, I hadn't previously done a lot of research into the product so I was quite unsure about what I was taking home with me. It claims to provide intense hydration to the eye area whilst containing Avocado Oil, Vitamin A as well as fatty acids all of which sound like they'd round up to make a good hydrating product - I am a little uneducated on the elements that make up an A* eye cream so this is a very vague assumption on my part!

After finding time to do a proper scour of the internet looking for other peoples views on this product the excitement to use the Creamy Eye Treatment had begun. A whole hoard of reviews mentioned the decrease in fine lines around their eyes after using this product, as well as noticing results in how hydrated their eye area was after just a small amount of time using the product.

After nearly eight weeks of trying this out I'm somewhat unimpressed. The cream has an incredibly thick consistency, which once applied to the eye area goes to an almost watery texture, I've never come across anything like it before. It's not at all sticky and it applies fairly easily.

Results wise, there hasn't been a lot. Although my eye area doesn't necessarily feel 'dry' it definitely doesn't look hydrated. I still have fine lines making an appearance, despite the many reviews that claim this product helps to diminish them.

Like with the Ultra Facial Cream I went for the jumbo pot (28ml) as it's better value for money and retails at £33.00, however there is a smaller (14ml) pot available for £20.00.

I didn't get on with this product and was left a little disheartened by the lack of results I saw from using it, nevertheless you may see great results with the avocado cream. Everyone's skin is different and just because it didn't work for me does by no means, defy whether it will do the job for you!




No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg