Pages

Posted on: Friday 7 February 2014

Baking The Basics | 1

I love to bake - it's simple; Grab the ingredients, follow the step by step guide (the recipe as it's more commonly known) and as if by magic the few ingredients you chucked in, combine to make something totally scrummy. 

I hadn't baked for a really long time, I have no excuse other than I just don't seem to have the time. However earlier this week when I was browsing around Waitrose I found my way down the baking aisle and into the world of elaborate sprinkles and never heard of before cake decorations. Did you know that rose gold, popping candy now exists in tiny little tubes ready for you to sprinkle all over your cupcakes?! Me neither until this occasion.

All it took to inspire me to get my (mum's) apron on and start baking again were some cake sprinkles. I'd go as far as to say that I needed some restraining when it came to selecting which of the vast array I was going to select for my bake off. Alas I managed to come home with just two of the pots, skipping the popping candy this time and going for the rose gold sugar sprinkles, as well as some white chocoalte stars

The final result?





No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg