Pages

Posted on: Monday 27 July 2015

Everyday Makeup | Summer Edition





After a lot of trial and error testing out products to achieve the perfect, dewy, glowing and long lasting summer makeup I thought I would share with you which products have made the final cut. 

I start by applying my everyday moisturiser (which happens to be the Aloe Soothing Day Cream from The Body Shop).

To follow I apply the No' 7 Youthful CC cream in shade medium - this is the perfect base for the summer months, it really is your skin but better. It adds a gorgeous, fresh glow with just enough coverage and staying power. 

To add some extra bronzey glow I use a dabbing of the Bourjois Bronzing Primer on my cheeks, across my hairline and on my temples. This is great by itself to add a really natural warmth to the face, whilst it also works fantastically underneath a powder bronzer to add some extra staying power. 

I have been loving the L'Oreal Perfection True Match blush in shade peach (160). It adds a really pretty warmth to the face which is perfect for this time of year. It is also super flattering on both bronzed and pale skin tones. 

Finally to set my base I have found Maybelline's Matte Maker pressed powder to be the only thing up to the job. Things can get a bit slippy down the t-zone region at this time of year and so for me a setting powder is crucial. I wanted something that kept any shine at bay and my makeup in place, without completely dulling down my complexion and this does exactly that. 

Urban Decay's original Naked palette comes into play when I shape my eyebrows. I have found Buck to be the perfect shade for me and it applies beautifully to achieve a natural looking brow. 

To brighten my eyes and achieve a more awake appearance I have been using the DIorshow Iconic Overcurl mascara. This is hands down my number one mascara of all time. I was unfortunately not blessed with naturally curled eyelashes and this is the only mascara I have come across that really does add some curl to my ever straight lashes. It opens up the eyes and adds a volumised flirty flick. 

To finish the look off and add a little shine to my lips I have been loving the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector. This is perfect if you want a low maintenance product that still adds a little something. It adds a warm shine to the lips which really brings a summer bronzed look together. 

If you want a full review of any of the products featured in this post please comment below 
Paige x 

2 comments:

  1. That Dior mascara is amazing! I tried a small sample tube and fell in love with it, I've yet to be able to convince myself to spend that much on mascara when I can get one in the drugstore at a tenth of the price though...maybe one day!

    http://www.fairlyinterested.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it is definitely a lot to spend on something such as a mascara. My mum actually picks this up for me every time she passes through duty free at the airport so fortunately I haven't had to fork out for it myself yet!

      Delete


 photo copyright.jpg