Pages

Posted on: Sunday 26 July 2015

Budget Cleanser | The Body Shop Sumptuous Camomile Cleansing Balm




The budget friendly cleanser has become somewhat of a necessity for me this year. After deciding to go back and study at college I had to have a skincare overhaul and began introducing some more bank balance pleasing products. Cleansing is one of, if not the, most important step in any skincare routine and so it seemed like a no brainer to start my new affordable skincare collection off with a cleanser that wasn't going break the bank. 

Like when I buy any new skincare item, I always, always have a scour through Caroline Hiron's blog. It does not matter how many positive reviews a product has, if Caroline hasn't given it her seal of approval it isn't coming home with me. On her blog I stumbled across this post on The Body Shop Sumptuous Camomile Cleansing Balm. Caroline's opinion and background knowledge were enough to convince me this bargain cleanser was worth a try. 

My thoughts.. 

Out of all the cleansers I have tried and tested, including this products two higher-end rivals Clinique TTDO and Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm, it has by far the best packaging. The tin it comes in is compact and flat making it perfect for travelling. It has also proved surprisingly hard-wearing as it hasn't dented or scratched at all like I had expected it to. The scent is another pleasing feature. Although not that important in terms of how effective it is at doing it's job, it does make the cleansing experience a little more enjoyable. Like the name clearly states this product is Camomile based and that is exactly the fresh, floral scent it gives off. In terms of use, it definitely does the job. Like other balm cleansers as soon as the product is worked into the skin, it literally melts make up off. To achieve a fully make up free face I felt like I needed slightly more product than has been necessary when using other similar cleansers, however this is my only slight niggle with it and otherwise it has been an absolute dream to use. Unlike with any other cleanser I have used, it leaves a really fresh, evened out look to my skin too, which I adore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg