Pages

Posted on: Friday 11 April 2014

The Brand Focus | Percy & Reed


Recently I've been trying out both the It's So Cool Heat Protectant Styling Mist and Abundantly Bouncy Volumising Mousse from the Percy & Reed styling range. 

For those of you that are not aware of the Percy & Reed brand let me fill you in..
The brand itself was established by two very wonderful hair stylists, Paul Percival and Adam Reed. Both of whom wanted the same thing, to broaden the body of people that their skill and knowledge were available to. Meaning that it would no longer be just for the rich and famous. Hooray for the rest of us! 
They teamed up and achieved exactly what they had set out to do and so next came their product range which leads me on to these two products..

It's So Cool Heat Protectant Styling Mist
This was the initial product I set out trying from the range. I had been specifically keeping an eye out for a heat protectant that I thought would be both effective and budget friendly. 

It's hard to give an accurate account of a heat protectants effectiveness unless you've been using it for a large amount of time. That being said I've been using the mist for 6 weeks and  I'm going to try give you as close to accurate review of it as I can. 

The packaging, like with all Percy & Reed products, is very simple and minimalistic whilst remaining playful and girly. The monochrome colours used throughout the product range is really chic and it all looks very dreamy sat on your dressing table! 
Of course it's not all about the packaging. 
The product itself sprays out as a beautifully distributed mist meaning you're not going to end up with product build up among one section of hair. The scent is lovely and light leaving a fresh odour following you around all day which is a win from me as heat styling tools can often leave quit an 'off' scent to your hair. 
It's not at all heavy in the hair and if you weren't left with a silky soft feeling and the light scent give off, you wouldn't remember you had your entire barnet spritzed with the stuff! 

Abundantly Bouncy Volumising Mousse 
After trying the heat protectant mist from the range and loving it, I decided to broaden my horizons and try something I wouldn't normally go for. A mousse. I don't know why I tend to ignore mouses and all they have to offer. I just seem to instinctively reach for spray products instead. 
The volumising mousse from Percy & Reed is exactly as decribed. A mousse that adds fabulous volume without the sticky, crispy texture. Another wonderful product without any downfalls and one I am very glad I picked up. 
Again it holds the same light, fresh scent as the mist which lingers all day without being overpowering. 

Another bonus with all Percy & Reed products is the insiders tips, printed on to the back of the packaging. What more could you ask for? 

Pick up the products: 

Be sure to check out the Percy & Reed YouTube channel here, for numerous style tutorials and 'how to use' product videos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg